Sunday, January 16, 2011

Funny Things Wives Do

Now most guys would agree with me that their wives do really stupid things.  Most of the time this is played down by them as either "a lack of sleep", "over-worked" or my personal favorite "baby brain" (thought this went away after baby was born but no I was wrong it stays around forever and ever).  But their are times especially with my wife when she just doesn't even acknowledge the stupid things she does. 

Take today for example. My wife usually checks my pockets. She's always yelling at me for leaving a tissue or piece of paper in my pants. She was rushing around this afternoon (because she had a 2 hour nap then realised she had no clean clothes for tomorrow) and must not have checked the pockets thoroughly. She left me to swap the load into the dryer while looking after our little girl because she needed to have a shower RIGHT NOW after playing with some cloth nappies.  Not a hard task and generally not one with too many surprises.  I go to get the load out of the dryer not long ago and just as I'm checking to make sure I haven't missed a sock or something I find a car key.  Now this isn't just the normal metal key but also the central locking and engine immobiliser type.

When I show my wife the key and say you missed this she just looks up from what she's doing and looks away without saying anything.  Classic response from my wife when she can't blame it on me. =p  At least the car still opens and starts.  Not sure how after going through the wash for an hour then through the drier for 2 hours but hey I don't mind.  I'm sure she will laugh when she reads this.  She always blogs or Facebooks when I do something silly so it's about time she got some payback.

2 comments:

  1. Sweetheart you're too kind. You didn't mention I dyed the cloth nappies pink, bubs good pink outfit brown, and the tea towels blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! We all need a good laugh, so I am now following you.

    Please also follow me on terrylinbackpackers.blogspot.com, where I attempt to be humourous.

    Thank you
    Joy

    ReplyDelete